Historical Data

  • Our first worship services were held in Chancy Community Club
    House, Chancy Park in 1948

  • Our Congregation was organized on November 19th, 1948 as part of
    the Illinois District of the American Lutheran Church

  • Rev. George E. Baseler was installed as the first Pastor on August
    7th, 1949

  • The new Parish Hall and Worship Center were dedicated on June
    23rd, 1953

  • We became part of the Iowa District, American Lutheran Church
    with 1960 national church merger

  • The new Parsonage on 22nd Place was purchased in 1959

  • We broke ground for our new Church on June 18th, 1967. The
    cornerstone was layed on April 7th, 1968

  • The Parsonage was sold in 1979

  • In 1988 we were part of the formation of the renewed Lutheran
    Churches into the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America